MOMS CINNAMON ROLLS (V)
Thought I would start my new website off strong. Ladies and gents BEHOLD:
Forget the store-bought goobage… this is the real deal. (And vegan as always!) I have made these numerous times for friends/family and the reactions never disappoint. What can I say… people love a good cinnamon roll.
Just make these.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs melted vegan butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbs melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs almond milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease a 9x13 casserole dish
- combine almond milk + vegan butter in a large bowl. microwave in 15 second increments until the butter has melted. let the mixture cool until it reaches a warm bath-water temperature.
- add instant yeast. allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- mix in the sugar + salt + flour gradually.
- once dough is formed, kneed with hands.
- cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm area for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- on a floured surface, roll the dough out into a thin rectangle
- spread melted vegan + brown sugar + cinnamon on top
- roll the dough from one end to the other starting from the long side
- cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inch slices
- place cinnamon rolls in greased casserole dish
- bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (or until lightly brown)
- combine coconut oil + vegan butter + vanilla + almond milk in a large bowl.
- slowly add powdered sugar. (you may need to add more almond milk or powdered sugar to reach your desired sweetness/consistency)
- serve cinnamon rolls with frosting and enjoy!